Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is FCA SPORTS?
FCA Sports is inspired by these five components:
1. Catalytic Discipleship: FCA Sports will be intentional in the discipleship of coaches and athletes.
2. Consistent Ministry Experience: FCA Sports will provide a unified and consistent ministry and sports experience by running every aspect of FCA Sports the “FCA Way” with aligned processes, systems, resources and training.
3. Contrast the World: Romans 12:2 says, “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” We need to know what we want to be known for, and we need to be known for that.
4. Compliment Other FCA Ministries: FCA Sports is one of many ways for coaches, athletes and volunteers to pursue the mission of leading every coach and athlete into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His church. Through FCA Sports, coaches and athletes will learn how they can be involved in additional FCA Huddles, camps and events.
5. Competitive in Play: Every athlete will not be able to play at the highest level of competition. However, we can always create a high level of competition at every level of play. Athletes and coaches will experience competition that helps them become their best without setting up an “us against them” mentality.
What are the Coaching Requirements?
1. Sign up as a "Coach" by clicking Register or Login to Sports Connect if you previously registered a player.
2. Complete FCA Ministry Leaders Application (link will be emailed to you after you register)
3. Coach Interview w/ FCA Staff (if necessary)
4. "Safe Sport" Background Check, authorization, & training (see below).
What Coach Training is Required?
After approval above, the following training is required:
1. FCA Overview (30-min) (Click HERE)
2. FCA E3 Training (90-min) (Click HERE)
3. Coaches Creed & Responsibilities Review
4. Attend In-Person Training/Coaches Meeting prior to season
5. (Optional) 360 Coach Course (Click HERE)
Why does coaching require so many steps?
Properly qualifying our coaches will both protect the integrity of our sports ministry and validate that we have the right people in place to impact our FCA Sports athletes.
Will FCA Sports be competitive with similar rules and officials as other leagues in the area?
Yes! Our rules for each league will create a space for EVERY skill level of athlete.
What are the ages for Fall Soccer and Winter Basketball?
Soccer: 4yrs old through 11 years old as of the first practice (8/28/2023)
Basketball: Winter, by grade. 1-4th grade Girls & Boys
What other leagues are projected for future FCA Sports?
I see I can volunteer for the soccer league? Can you explain each role and what it will look like on a typical Saturday?
Coach: Guiding athletes and teaching them the correct way to play the sport.
Assistant Coach: Assisting the Coach in guiding athletes and teaching them the correct way to play the sport.
Team Parent: Communicating and supporting the Coach with fellow parents of their team.
Field Set-Up: Assisting staff in setting up and tearing down the sports environments.
Referee/Official: Explain and enforce rules of the current sport.
Concessions: Manage booth/store of selling of food/beverage during games.
How can I get more involved in FCA? I want to help lead every Coach & Athlete into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ & His Church.
Fill out this survey and one of our staff will follow up with you! CLICK HERE